Practice Areas

For more than 30 years our partner attorneys, Robert J. Young and Carol Perez, have dedicated themselves to excellence in the areas of Workers Compensation, Wills, Personal Injury, Business Law, Land Use & Zoning and Probate matters. Previously Robert and Carol, the firm’s partners, worked at a 50 plus attorney law firm where they both gained valuable knowledge and experience in the many various areas of the law for which they now serve. Since forming their partnership in 1998, Young & Perez has represented workers and businesses that have experienced workplace accidents and claims and also individuals involved in Personal Injury matters. In addition, Young & Perez will help create an Estate Plan that is right for your personal financial and family circumstances and will guide you or your loved ones through the stressful period following the loss of your family member or friend. Young & Perez also has a vast amount of experience involving the many different aspects relating to business operations, such as Contracts, Labor, Employment, Legal Liability, and Land Use & Zoning.

Business Law

A business lawyer will advise you on many different aspects relating to its operation, such as contracts, labor, employment, legal liability and properly insuring the risks associated with running a business. A small business owner’s legal obligations and risks generally depend on the type of industry, inherent risks involved in the type of business, and state laws.

--Read More--


A legal guardian is a person who has been given the legal authority to oversee the personal and real property interests of another person. Guardians are typically appointed in three situations: guardianship over a mentally incapacitated person, a medical guardian or a guardian over a developmentally disabled adult.

--Read More--

Land Use and Zoning

How you use your land (for businesses, homes, farms, house-hold pets, etc.) falls under the province of a land use/zoning attorney who will help you understand and operate within the applicable land use laws and zoning regulations. Local zoning regulations specify issues such as, how close together different types of buildings can be (residential and non-residential), how far back from the sidewalk buildings must be set, how high you can build, and how much parking you need to provide. Even simple permitting issues can turn into a significant problem.

--Read More--

Personal Injury

Personal Injury is a lawsuit whereby the plaintiff claims an injury brought about by the negligence of another, but may also arise in libel and/or slander actions. Damages typically include bodily injury and intentional infliction or negligent infliction of emotional distress, loss of family consolation and direct monetary loss.

--

Power Of Attorney

A power of attorney is a document you sign to give someone else the right to make legal decisions that affect your property. Unlike a guardianship, you determine the extent of the decision makers’ authority. For example, if you are going to take a trip overseas, you might consider executing a power of attorney that appoints a family member or other person you trust to act on your behalf in the event that financial matters must be handled in your absence. A durable power of attorney, which is valid even in the event of an illness or other physical incapacity that prevents you from making financial decisions, effectively avoids the need for your family to apply for legal guardianship and should be given serious consideration.

--Read More--


Probate is the process of paying all creditors and transferring all assets of a deceased person according to the instructions contained in a will or according to the laws of intestacy if the decedent did not make a will or if the will is found to be invalid.

--Read More--


A trust is a relationship whereby property is held by one party for the benefit of another. A trust is created by a settlor, who transfers some or all of his or her property to a trustee. The trustee holds that property for the trust’s beneficiaries. An owner placing property into trust turns over part...

Wills and Living Wills

A will is a legal declaration by which a person names one or more persons to manage his or her estate and provides for the distribution of his or her property at death. A written will lets you decide what happens to your money and property after you die, while a living will lets you decide whether or not you wish to be placed on a medical life support system if you become disabled or incapacitated.

--Read More--

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation provides various benefits to employees injured at work due to one’s employment. In the unfortunate scenario of the death of an employee due to one’s employment, the employee’s family may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, damages for pain and suffering due to the employer’s or a co-employee’s negligence are not available in workers’ compensation.

--Read More--